Chestertown Fireworks: August 25th: Free concert by the Beatles – “Across the Pond” on the lawn behind the Chester Municipal Center 7PM-9PM followed by great fireworks display. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs for some fun entertainment and a night under the stars!
Carol Theatre: +/- 90 people at the LED ZEPPLIN TRIBUTE BAND & LIGHT SHOW! We’re always shooting for a full house but thanks to all who patronize the Theatre – and a huge Kudos to Al & Ellie Tolomeo for organizing all the shows, advertising, time and energy they put into these events!!!!
Next show is the GEM RADIO THEATRE OLD TIME LIVE RADIO SHOW with the Lone Ranger, Commercials from local businesses and lots of fun!
August 27th, 7:30 PM, tickets $13 Pre-Bought / $15 at the door…. call #494-5318 to reserve.
Rum Runners Weekend: Sept. 16th & 17th:
Next committee meeting is Tuesday August 24th, 5PM at the Panther Mt. Pub – anyone wanting to help is more than welcome to attend! We need help with the Kid’s CarnivalSaturday afternoon, Donations for Casino Night and someone to do an Old Time Photo Booth Friday & Saturday night (a nice money maker for a photographer!!!).
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
FRIDAY, SEPT. 16TH
- Vintage Car Rally through Brant Lake (The Hub), Pottersville (Black Bear) & Chestertown (OP Fredericks) in search of the notorious Wesley and his band of bootleggers!
- Casino Night 8PM – $25 admission buys you gambling money for a chance to win some great prizes! Roulette Wheel, Poker Tables, Craps and more!
SATURDAY, SEPT. 17TH
- 11 AM: Classic Antique Car Race over Landon Hill – keep an eye out for the shootouts on Main St.!!!!
- 11:30 AM: Babe Ruth Baseball & Carnival for the kids at the Chestertown Municipal Center Rear Field
- 3:30 PM: Georgie Wonders Big Band at the Carol Theatre. Tickets $15 pre-bought or $20 at the door. Call #518-494-5318 to reserve seats.
- Enjoy $19.25 Restaurant Specials throughout town all weekend!
- Evening Speakeasy at the Panther Mt. Pub with Jazz Bands & Charleston Finals
Outdoor Live: September 23,24,25 – Big Foot (!?!!??) will be making an appearance Friday night at the Horicon Town Hall and a live wolf will be at the Carol Theatre on Sunday! Rifle, pistol & archery training, Chainsaw cutting demos, Bow & Arrow shooting and much more is being planned.