Meeting Minutes: May 18, 2012
- Debra Eves spoke to the group about a reduced rate for alliance business owners for the Southern Adirondacks Guide for this season. Anyone interested in advertising can contact Debra at #494-5762 or #538-5605.
- The Exchange in North Creek at the old Boardertown for local artisans, crafters and designers will be opening at the end of June. 60% of profits will go to the crafters and 40% to the shop. It is estimated there will be 18 trains a week coming into North Creek this summer.
- The Town of Chester approved our requests of:
- New Town Banners to be hung on the power poles in Chestertown and Pottersville.
- Painting the benches put out in town the same color.
- Allowing a wine vendor to sell at the Farmer’s Market on town property.
- The Town of Horicon also approved a request for new Town Banners.
- Reservations for banners should be emailed to [email protected] as we are limited to 30 for Chestertown, with Pottersville, Adirondack, and Brant Lake having no limits at this time. After the recreational designs are completed, business will receive an email and they should go directly to Garnet Signs to pick their design and pay the $125. There will be 6 or 7 designs and 5 of each will be available on a “first come, first pay” basis. Hopefully these will be completed and hung by July 7th for the Veterans Memorial dedication and Summerfest.
- New letterhead and logo designs by Brandon Himoff were presented and approved.
- Sign committee reported we can use any signs from the National Scenic Byway Program to put on the exit ramps of I-87, as well as a new Welcome sign. There may be some funding available for this and more will be discussed at the next meeting.
- A reminder that the Centurion Bike Race will be coming through our area the weekend of June 21-23, passing through Chestertown around 11 am on Sunday.
- There is a new zoning and subdivision ordinance being discussed in Horicon and more business owners should get involved and give their input to make the town laws more flexible and “developmentally friendly”.
- A vote for officers was held and the following will serve for the next 12 months:
- President: Don Butler
- Vice President: Clarke Dunham
- Treasurer: Barb Hill
- Secretary: Cindy Mead
- Directors: Keith Wilkinson, Linda Muench, Helena Robbins, Greg Beckler, Brandon Himoff and Fred Holman.
Meeting was adjourned at 10am.
Next meeting: Friday, June 1, 2012 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.