Meeting Minutes – Friday, February 22, 2013
1. Wine Tasting is set for April 17 at Green Mansions. This is a TLBA fund raiser. Details to follow.
2. ATV Ride for a Cure set for Saturday, May 4. Starts at the Tin Teepee, goes to Panther Mountain Inn, and possibly down to Green Mansions. $20 entry fee which includes a cookout. This is to benefit a friend with mesothelioma. The event includes a poker run – participants will sign in at different businesses in town. Don Butler would like the TLBA to co-sponsor the event and all are in favor.
3. Rum Runner Weekend, September 13-15, still a go. Future meeting postponed until after the St. Pat’s Parade.
4. St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Saturday, March 9 – everything a go. A 12-piece pipe and drum corps has been signed up. Keith Wilkinson reported they need $500, from TLBA, to help defray costs of advertising, band, and flags. Funds were approved by attendees. A parade meeting follows this meeting for those interested in helping out.
5. TLBA Golf Tournament scheduled for June 14 at Green Mansions. Details to follow.
6. The TLBA has helped to get a street light placed at the corner of Schroon River Road and Route 8. National Grid has been notified and we should see work begin here soon.
7. The Brant Lake Winter Carnival brought in $569, from the 50/50 raffle and outhouse entry fees. The event was an overall success!
8. Farmers’ Market update – six vendors have signed up so far. Angie Meade is in charge of arranging music talent – Steven Smith Band is already signed up for four weeks (once a month).
9. Guest Speaker, Carol Nash of AdVentures was invited to the meeting to present an advertising opportunity via placemats at local restaurants (see attached .doc). Cost of ads are approximately $300 per advertiser. No charge to restaurants that agree to use them. A list of 14 restaurants was compiled. An order for placemats will be based on how many each of the restaurants use on a monthly basis. Best estimate is 30,000 for an initial order. The center of the placemat will have a calendar of TLBA-sponsored events. Once we see which restaurants will use them and what an order quantity will be, Ms. Nash can start to work on advertisers (which do not need to be the restaurants that use them). Anyone interested in learning more about this opportunity can call Ms. Nash directly 791-1966 or [email protected] (or contact Deb Eves/TLBA 494-5762). A separate email will follow to restaurants.
10. New ideas:
– Something similar to Bands & Beans in Lake George – a summer event with music, fireworks, etc. Possibly in front of the town hall in C’Town. Thursday night Dynamite Hill concerts temporarily on hold due to overload of concerts, especially with Bicentennial celebrations coming up. Tabled for further discussion.
Meeting adjourned at 9:50 AM.