Meeting Minutes: May 31, 2013
- Placemats are ready to print and all spaces have been sold. They will be distributed to any restaurants who wish to use them this summer.
- Golf Tournament to benefit the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance is set for June 14th, start time 1pm. Please support the TLBA and come out to enjoy a great day of golf. Proceeds will go toward events the TLBA will be organizing in the future (Rum Runner Weekend, Taste of the Tri-Lakes, Town Wide Garage Sale, Brant Lake Winter Carnival, Town Concerts, Parades, Car Hops, etc). 18 holes w/cart plus a light lunch before your round, a BBQ after your round, several chances to win some great prizes and a $5000 hole in one contest. ALL FOR JUST $48 PER PLAYER, with $28 going to the Alliance. Businesses can sponsor a team for $250 which gets them a foursome in the tournament plus an advertising sign (tee sponsor) on the course. A business can also pay $50 for a tee sponsor if they don’t wish to sponsor a team. We are a not for profit group and these fund raisers help with advertising (signage, radio and print ads), bands, firework displays, and the general items needed to make these events a success. Gift certificates and raffle items would also be appreciated. Please contact Ron or Martha at Green Mansions #494-7222 to donate items or sign up your team (individual players can sign up as well as we have other ‘singles’ to make up teams). Checks can be made payable to Tri-Lakes Business Alliance.
- Car Hop – June 7th at the Panther Mt. Inn. Kathy Hill of Adirondack Regional Insurance has donated the trophies for this month’s event, so stop by and check out the great vintage cars! Drive thru town will start around dusk. No entrance fees, just a great opportunity to get out for an early evening with the family!
- A North Warren group calendar has been set up on the web so all the area groups can post their events to avoid overlapping venues. This calendar will be made public in the future so anyone can go to it to see all the upcoming events in the area.
- Free Entrance Passes: Any business owners who haven’t had an opportunity to visit Rail Road’s on Parade should contact Clark or Barb Dunham @ #494-3930 and they’ll get you a few free passes to stop by and check it out. Stone Bridge and Caves is also having Community Days June 8th and 9th where there will be free admission for residents of Warren, Essex & Washington counties (just show ID). These are both amazing exhibits right in our own back yard and it’s important for us to be able to tell others (vacationers, tourists, and friends) that you’ve been there and they’re definitely worth a visit!
- Anthony Ruiz of Samurai Virtual Tours at www.360dack.com gave a presentation of their 360 tours and how they can capture venues with high quality images and videos for Adirondack events, the hospitality industry, museums, etc.
- Town Signs: we’re still working on getting new entrance signs to Chester and Pottersville. The committee has been working on this for over a year but keeps getting held up with bureaucratic red tape (State, County and Local levels). The sign by Stewarts in Chestertown is in total disrepair and an embarrassment to our community, so hopefully progress will be made in the near future.
- It was discussed that future events should be kept as local as possible (ATV ride benefit, bands for the concerts, etc.) and the Alliance will keep this suggestion in mind for the future, as our goal is to promote local businesses and our area.
Next meeting: Friday, June 14th, 2013 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.