Meeting Minutes: December 27, 2013
- Placemat Advertising is almost filled up so if you’d like your business advertised, the cost is $75 per ad and your check can be made out and sent to TLBA, 7066 State Route 8 , Brant Lake, NY 12815 – or if you are mailing both artwork and check, you can send directly to PO Box 301, Brant Lake, NY 12815. Artwork can also be emailed to Debra Eves at [email protected] , or give her a call for more information at #538-5605.
- Brant Lake Winter Carnival is set for Saturday February 8th, starting @ 11am with Fireworks at dusk. Anyone interested in entering a team for the Broom Ball Tournaments or Out House Races should contact Cindy Mead at [email protected] to pre-register. We would also like to have the Snow Shoe Softball Game this year, so anyone who can organize this for us, please let us know. Committee will start meeting soon so if you’d like to join in the event planning, just let us know!
- Kudos and a big Thank You to Thom Randall for the detailed write-up in the Adirondack Journal!!!! Thom has been very influential in getting the word out about our organization and events, and a good portion of our successes have been because of his newspaper coverage!
- The Northern Warren Trailblazers Winter White-Out is planned for Saturday, January 8th, from 12pm to 5pm at the Club House on Knapp Hill. All are welcome to attend to enjoy Live Music by Finger Diddle, a Barbeque being served from 1pm to 4pm, Bonfires, and the drawing for a 2014 Ski Doo MXZ Sport 600 at 4:30. Second prize is a 2013 Triton Trailer. Cost for the Barbeque is $15 at the gate, with children under 10 Free. Raffle tickets for the snowmobile can be purchased at local businesses or by calling Mike Hill at #796-1603.
- It was brought up at the meeting that we needed a Master Plan for the Town of Chester, but the fact that we all ready have a Master Plan that was developed by the LA Group years ago was noted, as well as the fact that although it looks great on paper, it is not really ‘workable’ and has not been implemented. Substantial Grant Monies were provided to develop this plan (all which were spent on the design?) but when the State re-paved Rte 9 this summer, none of the suggested improvements were taken into consideration and it seems this ‘plan’ is just sitting on a shelf.
- On a similar note, Don Butler has contacted the North Creek & Warrensburg Business Alliances and Chambers of Commerce, as well as supervisors from Chestertown, Brant Lake, North Creek and Warrensburg to form a committee to meet with Betty Little, APA and DOT representatives to see if something can be done to improve the signage off from our I87 exit ramps to direct people to services such as gas, lodging, etc. Clarke Dunham has submitted designs for these signs, and hopefully there will be power in numbers in moving forward with this concern, as this much needed signage is necessary for safety issues as well as making people aware of what our small towns have to offer.
- The great improvements to Dynamite Hill were noted, and this free attraction in our area is also something that more people should made be aware of. The snowmaking machine is a great help in providing a winter atmosphere when Mother Nature doesn’t, and the Northern Warren Trailblazers put in countless hours, free of charge, using their machinery to groom the hill and move the snow, making the hill great for skiing, sledding and the newly lighted cross country trails. Thank you to the members of the snowmobile club who donate their time!
Next meeting is Friday, January 10, 2014 at 9am @ the Panther Mountain Inn.