Meeting Mintues – March 8, 2013
Nine (9) Attendees
1. Upcoming events/Dates:
St. Pat’s Parade – tomorrow – 30+ groups participating. 1pm step off. TLBA members need to hold banner and march behind it. Meet at Foster Flats at noon. Street will be closed off at 12:45. Town officials have been notified and hopefully will come to march/participate – all were called personally by Don.
ATV Ride for a Cure set for May 4, starting @ Tin TeePee.
Golf Outing set for June 14 @ Green Mansions.
2. Wine Tasting – Set for Tuesday, April 16, 5:30 PM at the Bull House. Bill filled in some of the details:
Suppliers/Wineries include; Saratoga Winery, Adirondack Winery, Southern, Empire.
Farmer’s Market vendors are going to be asked to see if they want to contribute food-stuffs.
Working on getting donations for silent auction–anyone interested in donating an item or gift certificate to the auction should contact Bill Brannigan [email protected] (or Deb Eves 494-5762). There will also be some door prizes and a 50/50 raffle.
Music will be provided by Rich Ortiz.
Bill will finish the flyer and get it out to the group.
3. Placemats. It was decided to forego using AdVentures for this project and look at getting prices for us to do it on our own, hopefully lowering the cost to those businesses that want to advertise. Deb and Brandon will take a look at what’s possible.
4. Accounting. A payment of $200 to Adirondack Broadcasting for radio advertising of the Brant Lake Carnival was approved. $800 was approved to pay the bagpipe band for tomorrow’s parade. This will be reimbursed by the Town of Chester. The $1,000 from the Town of Horicon for the Winter Carnival was received.
5. Discussion regarding how to better reach larger audience, particularly reach out to 2nd home owners. Possibly can use tax maps to create a mailing list to send out calendar of events. Also reach out to the different Lake Associations, including linking to their FB pages.
6. Discussion regarding possible music festival. Possible location to be center of town, at 2nd bank parking lot. Requires further discussion.
Next meeting Friday, March 22, 9AM at the Panther Mountain Inn.