Meeting Minutes: March 23, 2012
- Sign Committee is still working on additional/improved signage for the area. A detailed diagram and plans need to be submitted to the Chestertown Town Board to update the Christmas Tree sign on Landon Hill. As different representatives from the Alliance should be present at the Town Board meetings so they see there is a substantial group of individuals interested in our goals, we will start getting 2 or 3 volunteers to attend these meetings each month to present our requests.
- Representatives are going to the Thurman ATV club meeting to see if there is any way we can get some ATV activity our way during the “off” seasons. Not yet a dead issue.
- Farmer’s Market has everything in order at this time but still needs Vendors. Please pass the word. www.chestertownfarmersmarket.com for more information.
- Wine Tasting will be assisted by Greg Taylor and local distributers will be donating wine. Tentative date of Monday, April 16th at the Panther Mt. Inn will be confirmed at the next meeting. All proceeds will go to the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance.
- North Creek Exchange: Sponsored by the railroad and at the old Mountain Bordertown in North Creek Space is available to vendors, businesses and individuals for selling local wares and crafts.
- Stone Bridge and Caves will be having an artisan/vendor storefront next to the Ice Cream shop on Rte. 9 in Pottersville for sales of local made arts and crafts.
- A Flag Committee was formed to design, schedule removal, and develop a written request for new flags to be hung on the poles in Chestertown and Pottersville to be submitted to the April Town Board meeting. The flags will be representative of the activities available in our area and will be able to be purchased/ sponsored by local businesses.
- A suggestion was made to make more use of the Chestertown Theater.
Meeting was adjourned at 10am.
Next meeting: Friday, March 23, 2012 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.