Meeting Minutes: August 9, 2013
- Approval for Adirondack Journal ads for the upcoming Rum Runners Weekend on September 13-15 were approved as well as clues to the password needed to get into the Speakeasy at the Panther Mountain Inn the evening of the 14th. A $5 ‘Boost’ to our Face Book page advertising the upcoming Music on Main Street reached +/- 1600 people and it was agreed we would use this form of media for additional advertising for our upcoming events.
- MUSIC ON MAIN STREET is scheduled for Thursday, August 15th, on the front lawn of the Chester Town Hall. The Stephen L. Smith band will be playing from 5:30 until 8pm and we’re hoping for a great turnout. All are welcome to bring their lawn chairs & coolers to this free concert sponsored by the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance and enjoy the evening. Food will be available on site. It was agreed that the NW Chamber of Commerce will work with the TLBA for future concerts next summer and we’ll try to make this at least a monthly event during the summer.
- FARMERS MARKET had 909 people come through the gate last week…. An issue from a handful of people regarding vendor tire tracks ruining the lawn has been addressed and the Market will continue to be held on the front lawn of the Town Center.
- RUM RUNNERS WEEKEND scheduled for Sept. 13th – 15th is moving along, committee is working on getting the movie theatre opened up for the weekend for the planned Vaudeville & Burlesque Show on Saturday afternoon. Monies were approved to purchase feather headbands, boas, beads and men’s hats to either sell at a discounted price or give away over the weekend so everyone can be ‘in costume’. More volunteers are still needed to help with this event and the next ½ hour meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 14th, 6pm at the Panther Mt. Inn.
- The TLBA announced their support as a group for the Town of Chester to proceed with developing a town sewer plan so we have the needed paperwork ‘on the shelf’ when grant monies and funding come available.
- The August Car Hop netted $57 from the 50/50 raffle and Upstate Agency paid for the trophies this month. Next Car Hop is scheduled for September 6, 2013.
- Tentative date for the Brant Lake Winter Carnival was set for February 9, 2014.
- The Warrensburg Business Alliance is planning a car hop the Thursday before our Rum Runner Weekend (Sept 12th) to assist us in advertising our event. It will be held at the Lucky Star from 5-8pm and tickets for the Vaudeville show and advertising flyers will be available.
- Don Butler and Cindy Mead will give a brief presentation to the Brant Lake association on Saturday August 10th to explain what our organization is about and distribute information on upcoming events. We would like to do this for all the Lake Associations so if anyone knows of upcoming meetings we could attend, please let us know.
Next meeting is Friday, August 23rd at 9am @ the Panther Mountain Inn.