Meeting Minutes: February 21, 2014
- Brant Lake Winter Carnival was a huge success and many thanks to the committee and all the people who donated their time and energy to making this happen! $282 was raised in the pack basket raffle for the TLBA and we’re looking forward to this being a yearly event! The winner of the basket donated it back to the Alliance so we have the opportunity to raffle it off again!
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade is scheduled for March 8th with a 1pm step off. There are currently 27 groups signed up and all local businesses are challenged to bring a float! Help is still needed from Alliance members to assist with traffic so contact Keith Wilkinson #588-5136 or Don Butler #573-4386 for more information or if you can help! There will be a meeting tomorrow, Wednesday February 26th, @ 7PM at Green Mansions.
- ATV Ride to Benefit the Helpers Fund is scheduled for May 17th. The popularity of these events is growing every time with all proceeds going to a local not for profit.
- Two bids were received for Website Development for the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance and the group voted to have Pam Sissons of eVision Digital Marketing develop the site. Brandon Himoff will oversee and make decisions on layout, etc.
- The Adirondack Park Agency is running a Best Community Events contest and Brandon Himoff is submitting an application and photos for the Winter Carnival and Cindy Mead is submitting one for Rum Runners Weekend. It is a good way to get the word out about our organization so we’ll keep you posted if we win!
- John MacMillan, Linda Muench and Brandon will be on the Scholarship Committee. It was decided the TLBA will give a scholarship for Community Service to graduating Seniors in the amount of $500 to hopefully spur on more involvement. A Scholarship Committee with the above named members will be working on this in the coming months.
- Arts & Crafts Festival will be held at the Chester Town Hall on October 11th. Fred Holman is chairing this committee and more volunteers are needed for the day of the event.. Anyone interested in participating or helping with this can contact Fred Holman at the Art Gallery in Chestertown.
- Fred Monroe asked Don to meet with him and Tom Williams, a representative of a Network Marketing group who ‘markets’ communities for bed tax monies, etc. A theme is needed for our area (one of the northern villages opted for a moose) so if you have any ideas or want to get involved in this, contact Supervisor Monroe.
- Three bids have come in for the newly designed Town Signs and all have been asked to submit them to the Town Board. No word yet as to if Brant Lake and Adirondack would like matching signs as well.
- There will be an Annual Meeting on Friday, March 7, 2014, at 9am at the Panther Mt. Inn, with a Board Meeting immediately following.
Next meeting is Friday, March 7, 2014 at 9am @ the Panther Mountain Inn.