• Brant Lake Winter Carnival – February 16th. We just need 2 more people for the information booth from 3PM-4PM so if anyone can help out in that time slot please let us know by contacting [email protected].com or [email protected]. Carnival runs from noon to dusk with Outhouse Races around 4PM and fireworks at dusk. $1,000 worth of Outhouse prizes (with $350 raised by the Berg Family & Friends in memory of Davin Berg) again this year so get your house ready and come join us! Tentative schedule:
Fry Pan Toss
Open Foosball Court
1:30 – Hockey ShootOff
2:00-3:00 – Broomball Tournament
2:00-3:00 – Snowshoe Race
2:00 – Foosball Play Offs
3:30 – Vintage Sled Parade
4:00 – Outhouse Race
5:30 – Awards Ceremony:
6:30 – Fireworks
• Annual Snowshoe races at Stone Bridge & Caves on February 16th – earlier in the day so you can enjoy the Carnival as well! Info on the snowshoe races can be found at https://stonebridgeandcaves.com
• Group voted to donate lights for the upper Mill Pond (Town of Horicon) and Loon Lake (Town of Chester) Dams, not to exceed $500 each in cost.
• Name change of this organization to something more community oriented was again discussed and a committee was formed to research this while at the same time making us a 501C3 so we would be eligible for grant monies and donations. Committee members: Bernie McCann, Vanessa Hutton, Brandon Himoff, John Nick, Randy Berg & Al Tolomeo.
• Crazy Downhill Derby: Saturday February 23rd. Lots of new events – kickball on sleds, dodge ball, activity centers, etc. Raffle baskets are needed so if you can donate something just let the Chamber know and they’ll pick it up AND make the basket!
• YMCA – they should be back in the building next week – they are also keeping a site at the Town of Chester Municipal Center to serve as a wellness center and public gymnasium. Bus trips to the Glens Falls YMCA will begin once a month for Teen Night – $10pp. The “Y” is closed to the public those evenings.
• St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Meeting February 14th at 5PM at the Panther Mt. Pub. Volunteers are needed so come if you can!