Meeting Minutes: July 12, 2013
- Placemats are good to go and have been delivered….
- Car Hop last Friday only had 14 cars but it was a rainy night and many of the antique vehicles didn’t have windshield wipers so hopefully the next one on August 2nd will be better! We still need someone to sponsor the trophies for the August show – $40 covers all three so contact Don Butler at #573-4386 if your business would like to help out.
- Chestertown Farmer’s Market is having a successful summer with 785 people coming through the gate last week even though it was raining! Rich Ortiz was the music man for the day and apologized for having to leave early because of the weather but said he would love to come again.
- Thank you to TOPS for giving the TLBA $500 for our events!!! We really appreciate it and will put it toward a good cause!
- ATV Ride to benefit the North Country Hardship Fund will be sponsored by the TLBA on July27th. It begins at the Tin Tee Pee and goes down Theriot Ave and/or through the back of the Town Municipal Center for riders to get ‘stamped’ at local establishments. $10 entry fee includes BBQ at the Tin Tee Pee afterwards. Parking at the bank parking lots will be open to all riders. Call Don at #573-4386 for more information.
- Rum Runner Weekend planning meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, July 17th, 6pm @ the Panther Mt. Inn….. Meetings only last for 30 minutes so if you can help please attend as we need more volunteers to organize this weekend long event. Bob Swan has given us free use of the movie theatre (which holds 200 people), restaurants are on board to dress for the era and offer $19.25 specials, mock car chase over Landon Hill is in the works, as well as a Babe Ruth baseball game, Vaudeville Acts/ Burlesque show and many other great things to do that weekend, but we really need a few more volunteers to help organize!
- Music on Main Street was a wonderful evening but the turn-out was smaller than hoped for. Tentative weather conditions were possibly to blame but another concert will be planned for August 18th, 2013 from 5pm-8pm and the Tri-Lakes Alliance will be paying for the entire event – Thanks to the Town of Chester for the $1000 donation to pay for the bands, and Thanks to Keith Wilkinson and John MacMillan for organizing this – hopefully it can become a yearly summer event.
- It was brought up that we need to get our information out to the public in a more effective manner. We’re looking into getting permission to hang banners over Main Street by TOPS, use the info boards at the Chester Town Hall, NW Central School and both Chester and Brant Lake Fire Departments for upcoming events and develop a communication link going between our lake communities and the TLBA. The East Shore Schroon Lake Association has 600 members and we would like to be able to make them aware of concerts, benefits and other community events we organize. We’re also looking into the cost of an info sign we could put in front of the NW Chamber of Commerce to advertise events, with the cost divided between the TLBA and the Chamber.
- Committee will get the forms to apply for Bed Tax monies from the Town of Horicon, the Town of Chester and Warren County. To be eligible for funds from Warren County it needs to be at least a 2 day event so we’re looking for something to pair with the Brant Lake Winter Carnival in February. The Snow Cross at Green Mansions or an event held by the Northern Warren Trailblazers would work so anyone who wants to have an event in February on the Sunday of the Winter Carnival weekend contact Cindy @ #494-3016.
- It was voted to purchase a helium balloon tank for $77 with a $52 yearly lease to have balloons with the TLBA logo on them for our events.
Next meeting is Friday, July 26th at 9am @ the Panther Mountain Inn.