General Board Meeting Minutes: July 25, 2014
- TLBA Benefit Golf Tournament had (9) foursomes participating and the Alliance made around $2,500 from the event. Many thanks to Doug O’Brien, Penni Cargioli, Ron Walker and all the businesses who donated raffle items…. Next year we will probably have the event in June or sometime in the Fall to hopefully generate more participation from the community.
- APAC: GEORGIE WONDERS ORCHESTRA had about 130 people in attendance and was a great success. Next performance is LAURA ROTH, aWorld-Class Entertainer, Full-Time Professional Singer, Actress and Comedienne, on August 2nd, so mark your calendars. Ticket cost $15. SHAKESPEARE IN THE RAW performances are also scheduled for August 9 with “The Tempest” at 7:30 PM and “Henry V” on Saturday, August 23 at 7:30 PM – ticket prices are $20 – $25 with children under 12 Free. LAST DAZE with special Guest FLAKJACKET ROCK will be performing on Wednesday August 13th at 7:30 PM with a $10 admission. For more information on these or any other events at the Carol Theatre, call the APAC hotline at #494-4495.
- Music on Main Street: About 140 people turned out for the Stony Creek Band last week. Upcoming performances are scheduled for August 7:S.L. Smith Band, August 21: Master Cylinders. All concerts are free to the public and will be held on the front lawn of the Chester Town Hall from 6:00 to 8:30 PM.
- ATV RIDE is scheduled for July 26th from 11 AM to 5 PM beginning and ending at the Tin Tee Pee with cook out following. Proceeds from this run will benefit the TLBA. Call Don at #573-4386 for info!
- Rum Runner’s Weekend is scheduled for September 12 – 14. Next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday August 6th at 5 PM at the Panther Mt. Pub. Adam Parish of AMPS Computer Service is working with the Scavenger Hunt committee to incorporate a web based site to document participants in the hunt at the respective “Mystery 1920 Locations” throughout town. Car Shows, Bootleg Run over Landon Hill, Babe Ruth Baseball, Vaudeville show at the Carol Theatre, Charleston Contests, Speakeasy, and restaurant specials are again planned for this fun filled weekend. Thank you to both the Town of Chester and the Town of Horicon for their generous donations to help with planning and advertising this event!
- There was an impromptu Bike Hop held at the Panther Mt. Pub on July 18th with 22 motorcycles in attendance. The TLBA voted to sponsor these events in the future, as organization is minimal and we make money on the Raffles, plus everyone really enjoyed it. The next Bike Hop is scheduled for Wednesday, July 30th and trophies will be awarded for the following categories: Best Original, Best Custom, Oldest.
- Peg Brady, Superintendent of NW School, volunteered to attend the mandatory LARAC training session which needs to be completed before grant monies can be requested from the organization. Monies can then be requested for our Music on Main Street concerts and possibly APAC performances.
- TLBA members took posters advertising our events (Concerts, Rum Runners) to deliver to the campgrounds in our area.
- The 5th Annual HORICON DAY is scheduled for Saturday August 2nd from 4 PM to Dark with continuous music, Food, Bouncy House, Rock Climbing Wall, Girl Scout Dime Toss, and ending with fireworks at Dusk. Set up time is from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- The TLBA needs someone to volunteer to be the Treasurer for the organization. Dee Beckler will take care of this during the winter months but we need someone to take it over during the summer. It’s not really time consuming and we need someone other than the current officers to take this position. Let us know if you can help out!
- ADIRONDACK SHIN-DIG on Saturday, August 9th, to correspond with the 15th annual Adirondack Yard Sale. Shin-Dig starts at 5 PM where they will be closing off Church Street and “dancing the night away”!!!! Adirondack General Store and Mike & Kathy Hill of Home Watch are organizing this event for the community.
- The Hub will be hosting 3 Smiley Guys from 7PM to 9PM on Monday July 28th. Come out and listen to some good old Rock N Roll at the Mill Pond in Brant Lake! Food, Wine and Beer are being served.
- We’d like to remind you all to refer to the community calendar at http://www.trilakesalliance.com for everything that’s happening in our tri-lake area!
Next meeting is Friday, August 8, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules:
- Meetings last for only 1 hour.
- Only 1 person speaks at a time