Meeting Minutes: May 4, 2012
- The recent Wine Social was a success and $950 was netted for the Alliance. Special thanks to Bill Brannigan of Adirondack Moonshine and all who donated and attended.
- Sign Committee reported that The Town of Chester still hasn’t addressed our request for new Welcome to Chestertown and Welcome to Pottersville signs for the entrances to the respective villages. As summer is quickly approaching we’d like to move forward with this so they would be in place for the upcoming season.
- Samples were shown for the Town Banners that will be presented to the Town of Chester Board for approval at their next meeting. There will be 6 to 8 designs depicting local recreational activities (biking, water skiing, fishing, snowmobiling, etc) with “Welcome to Chestertown” ~ “Pottersville” ~ “Brant Lake” or “Adirondack” on the top and the business name of the sponsor on the bottom. Photos were provided by Brandon Himoff of Jimbos/Point of Pines and Garnet Signs. The banners will measure 2×5 and will be hung on the power poles in the respective towns. There will be 10 new town lights installed in Chestertown this year, and they will also come outfitted with the banner holders. Upon Town Board approval, letters will be sent out to local businesses, and anyone interested in purchasing a banner will have the opportunity to pick the photo they’d like. 5-6 banners of each design will be offered at a first come, first serve basis, and cost to the sponsor will be approximately $125. The banners will be similar to what North Creek and Glens Falls currently display.
- Designs were presented by Brandon Himoff for a Tri-Lakes Business Alliance logo and letterhead (see attached). A final vote on this will be held at the next meeting.
- A preliminary nomination for officers was discussed and a formal vote will take also take place at the next meeting. A volunteer for Treasurer is needed, so if interested, please try to attend or make your interest known to a member of the Alliance.
Meeting was adjourned at 10am.
Next meeting: Friday, May 18, 2012 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.