Meeting Minutes: November 2, 2012
- A Taste of the Tri-Lakes: Committee reported that invitations have been hand delivered to 15 restaurants in the area and they’re expecting a great turn out. Event will be held in conjunction with the Rotary Memory Tree Lighting in the center of Chestertown on Tuesday, November 27th. Restaurant booths will be set up on the porch and lobby of the Panther Mountain Inn with additional tents outside. A bonfire with smore fixings (donated by Gallo Realty) will be in the parking lot for the children, the local high school and churches will be providing music throughout the evening, tickets will be on sale for $1.00 and each restaurant will be charging 1-5 tickets to taste their chosen dishes. Stone Bridge and Caves will also be donating a prize to be raffled off. The Taste of the Tri-Lakes will run from 5pm – 7:30pm with the Tree Lighting ceremony around 7pm. Signs have been ordered from Garnet signs and will be put up around town, and we’re looking for a great turn out to start the Holiday Season in our community. All proceeds will be divided between the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance and the Rotary Club.
- There is a Toys For Tots box at the Panther Mountain Inn for new, unwrapped gifts and can be dropped off at any time.
- The Ford building was still standing at the time of the meeting but destruction began on November 7th. Our group should still push for a town parking lot to be put in at this site to service businesses at the north end of town, aid in parking during snow storms and provide snowmobile parking for town businesses.
- The orange cones and barrels were still up at the time of this meeting but a member of our group “squeaked the wheel” and they have now been removed. Main Street had looked like an ongoing construction zone since mid-August and this move is greatly appreciated.
- Holiday Inspirations at the Art Gallery in Chestertown will be on display Thursdays thru Sundays, 11am – 5pm, from November 15th until January 5th with the Opening Reception on Friday, November 16th from 6-8pm and Closing Reception on January 5th from 2-4pm.
- Kate Mandigo will be doing a signing and new paintings will be displayed at the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor on Black Friday from 10am-3pm.
- The Chamber of Commerce got permission to widen the Caroline Fish trails for cross country skiing and snowshoeing.
- Brochures detailing our Tri-Lake area that will be distributed to Malta/Global Foundries will be heading to print and distributed as soon as we receive them back.
- A Winter Carnival on Brant Lake was again discussed and committees need to be formed to organize this event. It will include a barbeque, music, winter games etc. and people are needed to help get this off the ground.
- A St. Patrick’s Day Parade was also suggested for Sunday, March 17th (so it doesn’t conflict with Lake George, Albany, etc) and committees need to be formed for this event as well. If you have a few hours to donate, please help as these events are bringing people into our communities and putting life back into our towns!
Meeting was adjourned at 9:45 am.
Next meeting: Friday, November 16, 2012 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.