TLBA MINUTES- OCTOBER 11
➢ Taste of the Tri-Lakes will be Tuesday, December 3 @ Panther Mountain Inn
○ Will start meeting in November to get the ball going on this and email the businesses
➢ Tri-Lakes Community Alliance- we have been qualified
➢ January 1st we will transition to the new name and change Business to Community on the Logo to maintain our identity.
➢ Have received positive feedback on the name change.
➢ Selling 50/50 raffle tickets for Rotary Christmas with Santa.
➢ Letters starting to go out for the memory tree (to businesses).
North Warren Chamber of Commerce
➢ Great Brant Lake Duck Race- TOMORROW Saturday, October 12 @ Mill Pond. Free pancake breakfast at 9AM and the ducks go off at the ‘Quack of Noon’. Duck tickets are a Buck a Duck!
➢ Lazy Moose is having their Annual Fall Festival TOMORROW Saturday, October 12 10-3! Food, vendors, face painting, raffles, and more!
➢ One Year Celebration at Panther Mountain Trader on Saturday, October 19! There will be live Banjo Music, complimentary coffee and cider donuts 10AM-4PM.
➢ Wednesday, October 30 the chamber will be hosting a Commercial Vehicle informational meeting. TIME/PLACE TBD. Sergeant Matthew Fox will be conducting the meeting.
➢ Looking to explore different meeting times so those who can’t make mornings can join us in the evening.
➢ Drew is putting together a 5-year Strategic plan for the chamber.
○ There is volunteer burnout amongst all organizations. How do we keep people involved and the momentum going for the future?
○ There are a lot of opportunities here and people want to move up here but there is a problem with getting housing and having a large enough income to afford it.
○ Work towards strengthening the community and using the resources that we have to get people to stay here
○ Need to get a meeting time set up in the future to discuss this further.
➢ Wellness Center- Referral Deals! New members are getting a month for free if you join now! Counseling is available every Thursday. Looking to get a calendar set up for classes.
➢ Youth programs are still going on so make sure to check up on those!
➢ Six Flags will be doing a Give Back Day at the Adirondack Center on October 29! Doing lawn work and will be looking for donations (plants, soil. etc.)
Brant Lake Winter Carnival is set for Saturday, February 15
Woofstock has also been confirmed for June 6 & 7 2020!
Special THANK YOU to the Town of Chester and Town of Horicon for all their help and support our events!
27 ATTENDED TODAY’S MEETING