General Board Meeting Minutes: October 17, 2014
- Wine & Beer Tasting Fund Raiser will be held November 12th from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Suzie Q’s in Brant Lake. Jonathan Newell will be entertaining us with music, Saratoga Eagles will be serving their Craft Beer and wine will be provided by Wildman. Donations are needed to raffle off so call Linda at #494-4898 or drop off items at Gallo Realty if you’d like to give a basket or gift certificate. This is one of the few fund raisers the TLBA has every year to offset expenses of our events, insurance, advertising, etc. so please give graciously and plan on stopping by for a great evening!
- Electric Sign for Town Events: Committee is working on a donation letter to help purchase a digital information sign to be installed in front of the Chamber of Commerce to announce town events (similar to the one in front of the NW School). Cost is around $7,000 and as the tax year is coming to a close, what a great write-off for business! $50 to $250 – it will all help meet our goal and have the sign up by next summer! Checks can be made out to the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance and mailed to PO Box 56 – Chestertown, NY 12817 Attn: Digital Sign.
- The End of Prohibition was December 5, 1933 and a committee was formed to organize a small celebration of this historic day. Monica Herrington has volunteered to head this committee with Randy Berg, Jane Smith and Don Butler.
- Thank you letters were received from The Town of Horicon Historical Society for our contribution to the Adirondack Shindig to expand the Historical Museum to the village of Adirondack.
- Taste of the Tri-Lakes and Rotary Memory Tree will be held December 2nd in the center of town. Cindy Mead, Mary Jane Dower, Randy Berg, Don Butler and Jim McDermott volunteered to be on the committee. This is the 4th year the Rotary has had the Memory Tree and the 3rd year for the Taste of The Tri-Lakes so we’re looking forward to another great evening. Restaurants will be contacted to participate again this year and tree bulbs can be purchased in memory of a loved one or anyone you want to recognize, for $5 apiece or 5 for $20. This year’s tree was donated by Larry & Jodi McAvey.
- CD’s of the Vaudeville Show at Rum Runners are now available and can be purchased for $10 at Main St. ICP, the Lazy Moose and at future TLBA events. Thank you to Brandon Himoff for making these hour long videos and donating profits to the TLBA!
- Woof Stock : To be held over Father’s Day weekend (June 20–21, 2015) in the field behind Main Street Ice Cream Parlor, it will be a Weekend of Peace, Paws, and Music. Applications have been submitted to Warren County for bed tax monies to help fund this event.
- Toys for Tots : there is a bin at the Panther Mt. Inn for new, unwrapped toys so bring one to the next meeting or drop off at the Inn so we have a full basket of toys to donate!
- 2015 Calendar of Events: Brant Lake Ice Fishing Tournament: January 24th. Brant Lake Winter Carnival; February 21st. St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 7th. Rum Runner’s Weekend: September 18th – 20th. Car Hops: May 15th, June 12th, July 10th, August 14th, September 18th with rain dates on the following Friday. Bike Nights: May 27th, June 10th & 24th, July 8th & 22nd, August 12th & 26th, September 9th with National POW/MIA Recognition Day being celebrated on September 18th.
- Brandon Himoff attended an informational meeting with the town of Schroon Lake to brainstorm ideas to bring more commerce to our area. The Chamber will be having a “North Warren Shop Outside the Box” on December 12th & 19th to promote local businesses. Stores are invited to come up with ideas and should contact the Chamber office for more information.
- A member asked if we could do a recognition night for Bill Orluk to thank him for his contributions to our community over the years. Mary Jane Dower will be organizing this event.
- Randy & Patty Berg are again collecting donations for the Winter Carnival Out House Races in honor of their son. Their goal is to reach $1,000 this year (all monies to be awarded as Out House prizes!) so donate if you can!
- We’d like to remind you all to refer to the community calendar at http://www.trilakesalliance.com for everything that’s happening in our tri-lake area!
Next meeting is Friday, October 31, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules: Meetings last for only 1 hour. Only 1 person speaks at a time