General Board Meeting Minutes: September 19, 2014
- Rum Runner’s Weekend. Kudos and thanks to the committee and all community members who attended making this a great weekend! Thanks to the Don’s Posse for getting power to the theater in 20 minutes so the show could go on! Next year’s date is September 18, 19 & 20 so mark your calendars now and reserve the weekend! Power outage and weather affected the businesses a bit and it was suggested the restaurants organize their own ‘committee’ to capitalize on the events the TLBA organizes (joint ads in newspapers, etc). Brandon Himoff made a great video of the theatre performance which can be purchased for $10 at the Panther Mt. Pub, Main St. Ice Cream Parlor, The Lazy Moose, and at future TLBA events. Lots of photos on Face Book & our website!
- ATV Poker Ride for Toys for Tots (NEW DATE) will now be held September 27th beginning at the Tin Tee Pee and cruising to the top of Panther Mountain, through Chestertown and down to the Mansions returning to the Tin Tee Pee by 5 for a cook out. Volunteers are needed for road crossings, etc. so anyone who can help out call Donnie at #573-4386. Group would like to add The Hub, The Lazy Moose and Suzie Q’s to the stops but a resident on New Street has denied access to their property so more research needs to be done to find another trail. New un-wrapped toys can be brought to the Panther Mt. Inn or the Tin Tee Pee for the Toys for Tots program.
- Women’s Business Expo is being held Sunday, September 28th, from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM at Green Mansions Golf Course. Come out and support your local small business owners & direct sales representatives and see what our small community has to offer! Music by Dylan Joseph, light snacks provided, cash bar, free giveaways and it’s free to attend so grab your friends and family for a few hours of fun and socializing!
- Wine Tasting Fund Raiser will be held November 12th from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Hemlock Ledge. Donations are needed to raffle off so call Linda at #494-4898 or drop off items at Gallo Realty if you’d like to give a basket or gift certificate. This is one of the few fund raisers the TLBA has every year to offset expenses of our events, insurance, advertising, etc. so please give graciously and plan on stopping by for a great evening!
- APAC: There will be a Live Jazz Performance at the Chester Town Hall being held in conjunction with the Chester Library on Friday Sept. 19th at 7 PM.
- Chestertown Farmer’s Market had over 9,000 people come through the gate this year in 15 weeks. Final market will be on September 24th. Thanks to everyone who has helped make this such a successful event in our town!
- There will be another ATV Ride sponsored by the TLBA to benefit Toys for Tots on September 20th. Entry fee is $20 and includes BBQ at 5 PM at the Tin Tee Pee. There will be a toy drop box at the Panther Mt. Inn and unwrapped new toys can be dropped off all week. In addition to the new trail up Panther Mountain, the committee is trying to find a way to put the Hub on the trail as well.
- TLBA is looking into forming a Fuel Co-Op and information is being gathered with prices from different fuel companies, minimum gallons required, etc. More to follow and anyone receiving these emails is considered a member of the TLBA and will be eligible to join.
- Electric Sign for Town Events: This has been discussed in the past and a committee was formed to pursue an electric informational sign like the one in front of the NW School to advertise community events. Don Butler, Craig Leggett, Fred Holman, Barb Thomas, Brandon Himoff and Cindy Mead volunteered as committee members and will meet on Thursday October 2nd 5 PM.
- Town Signs : a few months ago we submitted designs to the Chester Town Board for new entrance signs and a vote was taken by the Board to proceed. It was questioned where these signs are and why haven’t they been put up?
- Road Side Signs: Members of the TLBA attended the last Chester Town Board Meeting and expressed a need for the Chester Board to ‘tweak’ the current zoning laws regarding the unsightliness of temporary road side advertising signs. Cindy Mead will draft a letter to present to the board drawing on other town’s statutes to present to the TLBA next meeting and get approval to submit to the town.
- A TLBA Budget request was presented to the Town of Chester for our 2015 events and one will be prepared for the Town of Horicon this month for our funding requests for the upcoming year.
- The End of Prohibition was December 5, 1933 and a committee was formed to organize a small celebration of this historic day. Monica Herrington has volunteered to head this committee with Randy Berg, Jane Smith and Don Butler.
- We’d like to remind you all to refer to the community calendar at http://www.trilakesalliance.com for everything that’s happening in our tri-lake area!
Next meeting is Friday, October 3, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules: Meetings last for only 1 hour. Only 1 person speaks at a time