Meeting Minutes: September 7, 2012
- A letter was presented to the group regarding the recent paving on Main Street in Chestertown. Although it looks great, a letter is being sent to the DOT regarding future timing of such work (preferably not during July and August) and asking them to correct the drainage grates along the side of the road so they are not as deep and bicycle tires do not get stuck in them.
- Another letter was presented regarding the old Ford Building on Pine Street as the town of Chester has a $45,000 bond resolution for this problem. $5,000 went toward an engineer study which has been completed and we were told the building would be demolished within 3 or 4 weeks. What will happen to the property after that is still unknown, as the Town would like it to be put back on the tax rolls, but ground fuel leakage makes it a property no one wants to deal with. There were suggestions for a town parking lot to service the new businesses in the north end of town, as well as help with off street parking during snow storms.
- Committee is still working on the brochures they designed (promoting Chestertown and Horicon) that will be distributed in the Malta/Global Foundries area and prices for printing were discussed and are being researched.
- Car Hop to be held Friday – September 14th – Panther Mountain Inn at 6PM with a Cruise thru Town scheduled for 8:30 (dusk). There will be live music by the Milayne Jackson Trio afterwards and a 50/50 raffle will be held to benefit the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance. Last car hop, Railroads on Parade, Brant Lake Taxi and the Panther Mountain Inn donated prizes, and any business who would like to give a small donation for trophies and other prizes for the September 14th show will be appreciated. Contact Don Butler at #494-2401.
- The Main Street Garage Sale to be held September 29th & 30th (to coincide with the Warrensburg Garage Sale) is moving forward with Glens Falls National Bank giving us permission to set up private families and vendors in both of their parking lots. Signs will be available thru the Alliance to put up on lawns, and we will have advertising on the roads coming into town. This event will be free to anyone who would like to participate, and we are encouraging homeowners who are thinking of having a garage sale to do it on this weekend, as well as school classes and scout troops who could set up food booths, etc. For further information, please contact Debra Eves at #494-5762.
- The Pug Parade will be held at Dynamite Hill on Sunday, October 14th. In the past, 150 – 200 people attend this event, and a push to bring some of these people into town to shop and eat afterward is needed. An Oktoberfest and/or Chili Cook Off were suggested, and the Chamber will be passing out flyers to all registrants with a list of restaurants and businesses that will be open that day. If you would like you establishment listed on the flyer, please email [email protected] as soon as possible with the hours you will be open that day and any specials, etc. you would like the public to be aware of.
- Tri-Lakes Business Alliance has a new FaceBook page so please “Like” it so we get more exposure!
Meeting was adjourned at 10:10 am.
Next meeting: Friday, September 21, 2012 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.