It is time again for the Brant Lake Winter Carnival February 21st, and the favorite of many, the Outhouse race in Memory of Davin Berg. This year the Berg family and friends have raised $1000 in prizes for the fastest throne on the lake. We encourage you to enter your own outhouse in the race and we are sharing the rules below:
Brant Lake Winter Carnival 2015
Outhouse Race in Memory of Davin Berg
- Outhouse can only be human powered. No wheels and no motors. No electric, solar, or gas powered assistance. No glass and not more than one half of any wall may be window. Structure must be made of plywood, tin or any other sturdy material. There will be no cardboard, visqueen (plastic-wrapping), tarp or tarp-like structures. The racing outhouse must have one open side, front or back, a roof, a seat with at least one hole inside and a full floor.
- The outhouse must be built with a minimum 30” x 30” base, have 3 walls, a door is not required but if you have one it must be locked in the open position during all races, and must have a roof and a seat with at least one hole.
- The outhouse may have up to two persons pulling with a maximum 20’ rope. Minimum height is 6’ from the ground to peak of roof. Maximum width 7’ including push bars. Max height 8’ from ground to highest point. Max Length 6’. Push bars must be permanently mounted to the outhouse. Outhouse must have one rider sitting on a toilet seat at all times with reading material and a roll of toilet paper. The rider may not assist in the movement of the outhouse. The outhouse must ride on downhill or cross country skis. Any number of skis may be used.
- Each person on the outhouse racing team must be 16 years or older.
- Each entry must have an Outhouse name that is to be displayed on each side of the structure. Sponsors names may be displayed anywhere on the outside. No explicit language or pornographic displays allowed on or in the outhouse. This is a family event.
- 5 person teams. One team member must be riding in the outhouse at all times.
- Each outhouse must stay in its designated lane for the entire race. Lane encroachment will cause heat disqualification if it interferes with competitor’s ability to race.
- There will be a mandatory pit stop at mid race for a fire-drill. Each member must run around the Outhouse three times and the rider must switch places with one of the pushers.
The entry fee is $25 for each outhouse entered.
Must have Teams Sign up by 3 PM
Approximate Race Starting Time – 3:30 to 4:00