Meeting Minutes: April 19, 2013
The Wine Tasting fundraiser was a huge success netting $1,489 for the Alliance.
- 50/50 Raffle: $205 – thank you Wayne Thomas for donating your winnings back to the Alliance.
Raffle Items: $379 (It was suggested we have a silent auction for some of the more expensive items in the future).
Admissions: $1,105 Total $1,689 minus music allotment.
Thank you to all who donated items for the raffles and attended the event, and a special thanks to Bill Brannigan from Adirondack Moonshine for organizing the event and to Loni at The Bullhouse for allowing the use of her facilities. Monies will be used to help with advertising, signage, music for events, and possible firework displays in the future. It was decided we will hold this fund raiser during the autumn months in the future so not to conflict with other local community oriented Wine Tastings.
- Brandon Himoff will be giving a presentation to the Adirondack Park Agency at the Local Government Conference next week. The APA asked to hear about our organization and Brandon will be doing a slide presentation of our events and explaining our goals and achievements. +/- 160 people read our meeting minutes and over 200 people see our postings on FaceBook so it’s great to know our group is being recognized.
- Upcoming Events:
ATV Ride for a Cure: Tin TeePee Campground: May 4th.
Library Wine Tasting: May 5th at the Friends Lake Inn from 1 – 4pm.
Joint Mixer: North Warren and Gore Mt. Chamber of Commerce being held at Railroads on Parade 5:30-7pm
June Golf Tournament: Green Mansions – June 14th.
Car Show: May 3rd – Panther Mt. Inn
- Chestertown Summerfest will be held July 16th and Linda Muench volunteered to head the committee to represent the Alliance. Event runs from noon to the fireworks in the evening.
- An anonymous letter was sent to the Alliance regarding some of our venues and events. The Tri-Lake Business Alliance aims for a welcome environment, and all community members are welcome to attend meetings and voice their opinions, as it’s much easier to discuss ideas in an open forum. Our goal is to support each other, and “To improve the quality of life and promote economic prosperity in Northern Warren County through enhanced infrastructure, expanded tourism and beautification of our economic centers”.
- Chestertown Farmer’s Market is gearing up for the season. We currently have +/- 25 vendors ( space is limited to 30), and music is booked for 16 out of the 17 weeks the market will run, including local artists Stephen Smith and Lindsey Meade. Help is need for set-up and tear-down each week, and anyone interested in volunteering 30-45 minutes for a shift or two this summer should contact Mary Jane Dower at #494-3666 or Cindy Mead #494-3016. Opening day is June 19th.
- The Adirondack Journal’s new policy of NOT distributing the paper to stores and ONLY delivering to PO Boxes and/or local mailing addresses was discussed. We need our advertising dollars to target the visitors to our area as well as ‘locals’, and without distribution in the local stores, Chamber of Commerce, etc. this vital audience will not be reached. Business owners should contact Daniel Alexander at 518-873-6368 Ext: 206 – [email protected] and Scarlette Merfeld at 518-585-9173 Ext: 117 to express their opinion.
- A Street Night with bands and entertainment on the front lawn of the Municipal Center was discussed, and Keith Wilkinson will be contacting Fred Monroe to discuss the feasibility of an event such as this. The new lawn was designed with events such as these in mind, and it would be another draw to get people into town for the evening.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:10 am.
Next meeting: Friday, May 3, 2013 ~ 9am ~ at the Panther Mountain Inn.