Meeting Minutes: August 23, 2013
- Music on Main Street was a success and we hope to have 4 of them next summer with 2 in July and 2 in August.
- Farmer’s Market is going strong with over 7,000 attendees so far this year. The Market will run until October 9th.
- The Town of Chester has decided to move forward on doing a feasibility study on a town septic system. A good portion of this study will be paid for by grant money and this will give us a plan to have ‘on the shelf’ so when additional funds come available we will be prepared to apply for them. Thanks to the Chester Town Board for approving this study!
- Next Car Hop will be September 6th at the Panther Mt. Inn. Trophies will be donated by Kathy Hill of Adirondack Regional Insurance.
- Don & Cindy will be meeting with the Loon Lake Association on Saturday, September 8th to give a brief presentation on what the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance is about.
- Rum Runner Weekend: Bob Swan has opened up the Carol theatre for our Vaudeville/Burlesque Show on September 14th. We viewed the theatre and this will be the perfect place for the show. Old movies will be playing throughout the afternoon with the live show starting at 3:30. Seating is limited to 250 people so get your tickets early to reserve a seat. Cost is $12 to pay the performers and tickets include a $2 off coupon for local restaurants. Tickets will be available at Main St. Ice Cream Parlor, the Panther Mt. Inn and at the door the day of the show.
Financing was approved for advertising in the Adirondack Journal and WCKM radio stations, posters are being distributed around town, restaurant specials are being confirmed and we’re hoping for a great turnout. Feather headbands, boas, gangster & political hats and beads have been purchased and will be for sale throughout the weekend at the various events.
Committee meetings will be held every Tuesday @ 6pm at the Panther Mt. Inn, and more volunteers are still needed to help with all the events we have planned for the weekend long event. We also need people to help clean the theatre on Monday, September 9th so if you can help please send an email to [email protected] .
A Schedule of Events is attached and will be advertised in the Adirondack Journal and on our Face Book page. Please print schedule and display in your business!!!!!
- The Warrensburg Business Alliance will be holding a Car Hop on Thursday, September 12th to tie in to our Rum Runner Weekend and help bring attention to our event. WCKM will be present, and we’ve heard a possible abduction will take place that night? If you have a classic car, or know someone who does, please attend this event and drive around Chestertown throughout the weekend to help set the mood for the festivities!
- Angie’s Restaurant at Riverside Pines, Carl Turner Rd. (just before the bridge at the Schroon River damn) will be donating 15% of all proceeds from local businesses to The Helper’s Fund during the month of September. They are open from 8am to 2pm daily so stop by and enjoy a hearty breakfast or blue ribbon lunch, or call #494-2280 for take-out. Pizza night on Friday nights! If you haven’t checked out this local establishment, you don’t know what you’re missing – great home cooked food & great prices!
- Woman’s Small Business Expo on Oct. 19th @ 4 pm Green Mansions. Each vendor will have a space set with product & at least 1 giveaway. The vendors will be local Woman who own an independent business, Crafters, Picture Perfect Photography , Fantastic Fashion Jewelry, Avon, Pampered chef, Toys and more… Call Nikki Monroe Rising @ 494-2178 for more information or to reserve a space.
Next meeting is Friday, September 6th at 9am @ the Panther Mountain Inn.