Meeting Minutes: April 18, 2014
- The Best Community Events Contest held by the APA awarded our Rum Runners Weekend presentation First Place in the Spring/Fall Category and the Brant Lake Winter Carnival received Honorable Mention! Kudos to us!!!
- The TLBA committee for the North Warren Scholarship will be getting the application to the school this week. Essay topic will be an idea of an event or change that would benefit our community. Scholarship will be for $500.
- This year’s Car Hops will take place the 2nd Friday of every month, beginning May 9th and running through September. Stone Bridge & Caves, The Crossroads, Upstate Agency, Mark Sissons of Edward Jones, The Panther Mt. Inn and Gallo Realty volunteered to purchase trophies for this monthly event.
- The ATV Poker Run to benefit the Helper’s Fund will be held May 10th. Ride begins at the Tin Tee Pee and runs to Green Mansions then back to the Tin Tee Pee for a cook-out. Check in time is 10 am at the Tin Tee Pee.
- Chestertown Farmers Market has over 24 vendors & 4-5 non profits signed up and will begin June 18th and run every Wednesday from 10 am to 2 pm until mid September. A request was made for someone to sell beverages (water, lemonade, coffee, etc) and the Chester Youth Commission has volunteered to fill this gap.
- Carroll Theatre We have had one piano donated that was Coolidge Brailey’s mothers, but we also need a Baby Grand, so if anyone has one they are willing to donate, we’ll pick it up! Contact Al Tolomeo at [email protected]. Jonathan Newell and Stu Kuby of the Hudson River Music Hall gave a presentation of how they started and continue to bring the arts to Hudson Falls. They are involved in the revival of the Strand Theatre in Schroon Lake, and seemed to feel our Carol Theatre could be a popular entertainment hub for our community. Their goal to foster creativity for local artists and provide a place to showcase this talent is needed in our community as well. Daniel Shaw, Director of the Indian Lake Theatre also spoke, as did Alfred Hyslop of the Stratford on the Hudson and all felt we were sitting on a gem of a building that could be used for music, theatre, drama, art and be a draw to our community. A small committee met and will be planning events to be held this summer. Clean up day for the Theatre is May 1st so anyone wishing to help with this or join the committee should contact Steve Smith at #796-3388 or [email protected].
- The Town of Chester was presented with our sign choices and the Town Board voted for one submitted by Garnet Signs which will hopefully be up by the summer. The Town of Horicon will be presented with the new sign bids at this month’s meeting.
- No further progress on the Brant Lake Boat Parade this summer on July 4th. Still waiting to hear from those on Brant Lake who have previously organized the parade.
- Correction to Agway Phone number regarding our high electricity costs: #877-449-4479. They will provide a lower kilo watt hour rate than National Grid and it’s worth a phone call.
- Music on Main Street will be held on July 10th & 24th and August 7th & 21st . Alliance will apply to LARAC by October to get additional funding for these concerts next year.
- Golf Tournament sponsored by Green Mansions Golf Course to benefit the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance (one of our few fund raisers throughout the year) will be held again in June – exact date to follow.
- Floats are needed for the upcoming Memorial Day Parade from local businesses, organizations or individuals. Anyone interested in entering a float should contact JoAnne Ellsworth at #494-3642.
- Our New Webpage is up and running!!!! Go to http://www.trilakesalliance.com and check it out! Past & current meeting minutes, photos, a community calendar and upcoming events will be posted on the site so check it out often! Thanks to Brandon Himoff and Pam Sissons of eVision Digital Marketing for developing this great addition to our Alliance!
- Suzie Q’s in Brant Lake is tentatively opening on May 10th under new management so stop by and check it out!
- The idea of a Craft Brew Festival was brought up to be held over the summer and Don will be looking into this.
- Care for Cameron: 21-month-old Cameron is from our area and going through a tough time battling spinal meningitis. People are helping his parents with medical expenses but could use more help. Donations can be made through PayPal on Face Book (Care for Cameron) or checks can be made out to Gabrielle Kuba and mailed to The Phillips – 1425 Friends Lake Road – Chestertown, NY 12817.
Next meeting is Friday, May 2, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules:
Meetings last for only 1 hour.
Only 1 person speaks at a time