General Board Meeting Minutes: October 31, 2014
- Wine & Beer Tasting Fund Raiser will be held November 12th from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Suzie Q’s in Brant Lake. Jonathan Newell will be entertaining us with music, Saratoga Eagles will be serving their Craft Beer and wine will be provided by Wildman. Linda has gotten +/-25 items to raffle off so it should be a great evening. Admission is $20 so hope to see a full house as this is one of the few fund raisers the TLBA has every year to offset expenses of our events, insurance, advertising, etc. so please give graciously and plan on stopping by for a fun night!
- It was voted to have Pam Sissons set up a permanent Website Host for the TLBA website at the cost of $80 per year.
- Taste of the Tri-Lakes and Rotary Memory Tree will be held December 2nd in the center of town. The tree will be lit at 6:30 with food being served from 5:30 – 7:30. Any restaurants, deli’s or stores interested in participating please email [email protected] and we’ll get the NYS Health Dept. forms (no cost – easy to fill out) to you. This is the 4th year the Rotary has had the Memory Tree and the 3rd year for the Taste of The Tri-Lakes so we’re looking forward to another great evening. Restaurants will be contacted to participate again this year and tree bulbs can be purchased in memory of a loved one or anyone you want to recognize, for $5 apiece or 5 for $20. This year’s tree was donated by Larry & Jodi McAvey.
- “Repeal Day” The End of Prohibition (Repeal Day –end of Prohibition and the 21st Amendment was signed into law http://www.repealday.org) was December 5, 1933 and a committee was formed to organize a small celebration of this historic day. There will be a celebration at the Panther Mt. Inn that evening so get your gangster gear and flapper outfits out again for a night out on the town! More details to follow!
- There will be a Thank You Day for Bill Orluk on Saturday November 15th at the Chestertown Fire House from 1:00 to 3:30 PM. All are invited to stop by!
- Electric Sign for Town Events: Committee is working on a donation letter to help purchase a digital information sign to be installed in front of the Chamber of Commerce to announce town events (similar to the one in front of the NW School). The TLBA will be sponsoring another ATV ride to benefit this cause next spring, as well as organizing a few other fund raising events throughout the upcoming months. Sign Cost is around $7,000 and as the tax year is coming to a close, what a great write-off for business! $50 to $250 – it will all help meet our goal and have the sign up by next summer! Checks can be made out to the North Warren Chamber of Commerce and mailed to PO Box 490 – Chestertown, NY 12817 Attn: Digital Sign.
- October was an “uneventful” month for the TLBA so we are discussing a “RADIATOR SPRINGS” weekend to be held next year with the movie CARS being shown, children’s events, and our area’s classic auto’s possibly ‘dressed up’ for the weekend??? Anyone who wants to help with this should contact Mike Turano at [email protected] .
- Shop Local will be held at area businesses on December 12th and 19th for holiday shopping. More information can be obtained from the Chamber of Commerce.
- We will not be ordering the advertising placemats this year as restaurants were not distributing them, however we still need a way to get our Calendar of Events (and those of our towns) out to the public so we will be working on some sort of small handout or brochure to put in people’s restaurant checks, etc .
- Peg Brady explained that with monies from the Healthy New York program (which were split between the Town and the School) there will be new trail markers up Panther Mountain, the school will be open for indoor walking, and there will be new playground equipment in town.
- North Warren School Vote :Tuesday November 4th from 12 PM – 8 PM. There are two new propositions on the ballet PROPOSITION #1: 1) reconstruct the K-12 building roof at a maximum cost of $1,294,000, (2) expend such sum for such purpose, (3) expend $1,294,000 from the Capital Reserve Fund.
PROPOSITION #2 (1) reconstruct the HVAC system in the School Building and acquire and install a standby generator at a maximum cost of $556,00 00, (2) expend such sum for such purpose, (3) expend $556,000 from the Capital Reserve Fund.
- Woof Stock : A Weekend of Peace, Paws, and Music will be held over Father’s Day weekend (June 20-21, 2015) in the field behind Main Street Ice Cream Parlor.
Next meeting is Friday, November 14, 2014 at 9 AM @ the Panther Mountain Inn.
You do not have to be a business owner to attend! We only have two rules: Meetings last for only 1 hour. Only 1 person speaks at a time